All participants are expected to register to the World Congress. Registration requires completion of the requested information online plus payment of registration fees by credit card. To register, please login to the registration system with your account information. Please note that you will be able to get an early-bird registration discount if you register by April 1st, 2019, which requires that payment is processed by that date.
|REGISTRATION RATES FOR THE CONGRESS|
|EARLY REGISTRATION||REGULAR REGISTRATION||ON SITE REGISTRATION|
|FROM JUNE 2018 TO APRIL 1st 2019||FROM APRIL 2nd 2019 TO MAY 19th, 2019||MAY 20-24, 2019|
|Member||Non member||Member||Non member||Member||Non member|
|Low and lower middle income countries||$225.00||$270.00||$250.00||$300.00||$260.00||$315.00|
|Low and lower middle income countries' student||$125.00||$170.00||$140.00||$190.00||$150.00||$200.00|
- No day-to-day registration will be offered (Registration is for the 5 days of the Congress);
- The above registration fees include the rate of VAT;
- The above scales of different registration fees DOES NOT include credit card; transaction costs, which are estimated at around 3.5%-4%. Please contact your credit card company if you are concerned about these additional costs;
- On-site registration will be in cash, either in US Dollars or the equivalent in Mexican pesos in that dates.
DELEGATE’S REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
- Access to all Congress academic activities;
- Congress package with program and materials. Updates online and accessible on all computer devices (smartphones, tablets, and laptops).
ACCOMPANYING PERSON REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
- Access to the opening and closing ceremony;
Registration payments can be done by a money order using the next bank account details, or by credit/debit card system of this page.
SOMEC Bank account details:
Name (Beneficiary): Sociedad Mexicana de Educación Comparada
Sociedad Mexicana de Educación Comparada
SOMEC´s date of official constitution: February 12, 2004
KEY DATES AND DEADLINES
Proposal Submission System Opens: August 15th, 2018
Proposal Submission Deadline:
Monday, December 31st, 2018. 15th April 2019
Proposals evaluation: There will be three dates to report results of evaluation, as they have been submitted:
- October 10th, 2018 for those proposals submitted August 15th – September 30th, 2018
- December 10th, 2018 for proposals submitted October 1st – November 30th, 2018
- January 10th, 2019 for proposals submitted December 1st – 31st, 2018
Conference Registration Opens: August 15th, 2018 (We encourage you to support the congress organization, register as soon as possible).
Early Registration Deadline: April 1st, 2019
To qualify for discounted early registration rates, you must register before April 1st, 2019. After April 1st, regular registration rates apply.
Registration Deadline for Presenters: Friday, May 15th, 2019.
ANNOUNCEMENT AND UPDATES
The deadline to submit proposals is extended to 15th April 2019.
We encourage co-authors and panel participants to register and submit proposals, even if these were already uploaded by the first proponent. That is needed for designing the program and issuing certificates.
There are two ways to pay for registration to the congress: one is by payment or bank transfer, using the details of the bank account as they appear in the Submission/fees and timeline tab; or use Paypal to pay by debit or credit card for which you must log in
To book the hotel you need to go to Venue tag, where you will find information and guidelines.
Keynote speakersMmantsetsa Marope
Director, International Bureau of Education (IBE-UNESCO) Robert Arnove
Chancellor's Professor Emeritus of Leadership & Policy Studies at Indiana University,Bloomington Norberto Fernández Lamarra
UNESCO Chair “Education and Future in Latin America”
Universidad Nacional de Tres de Febrero, Argentina
Panel of experts
Sustainable Development Goals, Human Rights and Global Citizenship EducationCarlos Alberto Torres, PhD
Distinguished Professor of Education.
UNESCO UCLA Chair on Global Learning and Global Citizenship Education
Politics of Educational Reform in Latin America: Brazil, Cuba, Ecuador, and MexicoMark Ginsburg, PhD
University of Maryland (USA)
UNESCO’s Futures of Education InitiativeSobhi Tawil, PhD
UNESCO Paris, France. Noah W. Sobe, PhD
Loyola University Chicago, USA & UNESCO Paris, France